The Eiffel Tower

The Eiffel Tower is a tall tower located in Paris, France. The tower was built by Gustave Eiffel in 1889 for the World’s Fair. You may know Gustave as the person who built the Statue of Liberty.

The Eiffel Tower is 934 feet tall and has 1,710 stairs. The Eiffel Tower took over three years to build. When it was first built it only had stairs, which was a problem because not many people wanted to climb that many stairs in one day. Now there are four restaurants, a gift shop, and a macaroon shop on the top layer. It is a wonderful sight I would definitely recommend going someday.

Photo by Jodie Bloom

Have you ever been to the Eiffel Tower or Paris?

If so tell me a little bit about your trip.

6 thoughts on “The Eiffel Tower

1. Cool tower! I have never gone to Paris or saw the Effiel tower but I have seen the Effiel tower on a picture frame or on a tv picture. and I have never known Gustave had built the Statue of Liberty. it is really shocking that the Eiffel tower is 934 feet tall and there are 1,710 stairs. If you went up the Eiffel Tower’s stairs, it must be tiring :3😫 It is a wonderful tower and I thought it would take five years to build it. Thanks for the learning information.

Milos the Pirate

2. Hello Jodie !

We are French students from the CM2 of the Brindas School, France. We are enjoying participating in the Student Blogging Challenge.
    It’s great that you are interested in the Eiffel Tower. On our class blog, for our Oceanian friends in New Zealand, we made a post about the Eiffel Tower. You can watch it using this link : http://cm1.galligani.eu/2018/10/19/la-tour-eiffel/ .

We invite you, your classmates and your teacher to visite all our blog. You’ll see everythings we do throughout the school year. We regularly visit Mrs. Yollis’ class blog and we find it very pleasant.

Nous t’envoyons toute notre amitié. À bientôt.

Les élèves du CM2 de l’école de Brindas, France

3. I have been to the Eiffel Tower. It was amazing. We went all the way to the top and the views were great. They had a macaron shop in it and the macarons were the best ones I had ever had. I went with my family over summer break 2018.

Have you ever had a macaron and if so what is your favorite flavor?

From,
    Billy-Bob Joseph

4. Coucou Jodie,
    Je m’appelle Kenzo. Je suis allé à Paris le 15 juillet 2018 pour voir la finale de la Coupe du Monde de football sur un grand écran à côté de la Tour Eiffel. La France a gagné le match et nous avons fait la fête toute la journée !
    Bravo pour ton article qui est vraiment très bien.
    Kenzo, CM2 de l’école de Brindas, France

(You can use Google Translate to understand my message. It would be nice if you answer me and if you also copy/paste your answer on my class blog : http://cm1.galligani.eu/student-blogging-challenge/commentaires-comments/ .)

• Bonjour Kenzo, Merci d’avoir laissé un commentaire sur mon blog, c’était très amusant de devoir utiliser Google Translate pour lire ton commentaire. Je suis en train d’apprendre le français pour pouvoir lire un peu votre commentaire.

Ce devait être très excitant d’aller à la coupe du monde. Et plus excitant que la France a gagné.

Comment était la Coupe du Monde?
      Avez-vous apprécié ça?

De,
      Jodie

• Bonjour Jodie,
        Oui, la coupe du Monde de football (vous appelez ça le soccer aux USA), c’était super !!! Il y avait une ambiance extraordinaire, ici, en France. On a pu voir de très beaux matches.
        Quel est le sport que tu préfères regarder ? As-tu déjà suivi une compétition entière ?
        Porte-toi bien.

(You can use Google Translate to understand this comment. It would be nice if you answer this message and if you also copy/paste your answer on our class blog : http://cm1.galligani.eu/student-blogging-challenge/commentaires-comments/ .)